Re: [DMCForum] Re: Videobob making friends (his reply)

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Videobob making friends (his reply)

Here is VideoBobs reply......

Well, it looks as though you already have your mind made up and
you admit that you were biased against me from the beginning.
I don't think you get me at all.
You got me all wrong man....

I am not trying to get into a pissing contest with you or anyone else
on here,
however it does crack me up to hear that one prop builder is stealing
from one or the other when the fact is we are all copying things from
the movie.
None of it is original on our parts other that the interpretations we
make.
I have not hidden the fact that I am influenced by other prop builders,
we all do things our own way and by sharing ideas we can all learn
and contribute together and I give them credit for it.
I would hardly call my TCD "stolen" or "copied" from Bruce or
anyone else since they are all inspired from the same design.
Bruce was nice enough to email me and tell me that he made
some mistakes on the photos of his TCD and gave me the corrections.
...and I did the same.

The 2015 plates for instance, you have yours and I have mine.
I admit yours are better, and had you had yours made before mine
I would simply bought one of yours instead...but since I couldn't
find one I had them made.
How many times are we going to discuss this?
I'm doing without because you say so.
What do you expect me to do dude?

"Veiled threat"?
What are you talking about bro?
I am not going to go without just because you don't seem to like me.
There is no threat intended, all I am saying is that if you will
cooperate
with me and be cool, and at least give me a fair shot then we could both
avoid issues in the future and both come out ahead.
If I can't simply buy the parts I need from you then  I am going to be
forced to have them made for me, or learn how to do resins myself.
One of my close friends is a fiberglass and resin expert who builds
everything from submarines to car replicas and can easily help
me tool this stuff together.
But why should I do that when I can simply buy one?
If I have to do all of that then I will most likely be making a bunch
of them and selling them.
Now, if that's a threat to you I am sorry, but I am not going to
have an incomplete time machine because you don't like me.

But what I was trying to point out with my "resume" that you are
"not impressed with" is that this is not just a fly-by-night hobby
but something that has been a life long dream and now that I have the
Delorean I will be completing my time machine one way or another.

You, I and the community would benefit greatly by the things we
could do together if we put our resources together and worked towards
a common goal. We can make agreements with each other to promise not to
make / sell certain items on top of each other and things would be just
fine.
You know I am in Fort Worth Texas and driving distance to you, making
weekend projects doable if need be.
I am trying to offer the olive branch and to listen to what you have to
say.
I am doing a lot of lip biting and ass kissing in an effort to make
things work out between us and people who know me know that I don't do
that very often.
I am doing everything in my power to work with you.
I am willing to listen to your criticisms if it is for the purpose of
schooling me when I am doing something wrong as long as it means you
are trying to help me get along and that you are willing to work with
me,...
...but if you only want to bash me for the purpose of discrediting me
and I am making you question your positions in the community then
I don't dig that at all.
I already know you see me as a threat to you.
We both know I can make some good stuff.
So my point is, if you regard yourself as "king" would you rather
have me as a minion or a foe?
Using my skills is to your advantage, but if I have no choice but to
compete then that is what I will do.

By the way, don't fool yourself into thinking that any of the people
on these pages truly have an undying loyalty to you.
They are consumers and all they want is the end product.
They will buy the best product at the best price.
I operate about 20 websites and it is not a big deal to make a
website just like this one, and load it with information, and sell
props,
and use lots of cool pictures and media to attract attention.
I am 100% positive that every single member here would visit a
competing website if they knew it existed, and they would buy
things if the price was right and the quality was there.
I am a trusted Silver Power Seller on eBay with a Premier business
account with Paypal, my record is clean, my shipping is fast and free.
THAT's is what consumers want.
Let's avoid all that and simply work together!
Tell me what you want from me, what you expect from me
and be straight forward.... don't ignore my emails and treat
me as if I don't matter as you have in the past.

I am not looking for a competition here but rather an alliance.
I can't stress that enough.

Send me a PM and will give you my phone number, and we can talk in
person. I think that getting to know me by phone is always the best
remedy. There is not a single person that I couldn't come to an
agreement with on the phone... this email stuff is gutless, emotionless
garbage.
I'm a real person with real feelings and a great personality.
Talk to me and you will see.

VideoBob

click here