From: Scott Mueller [mailto:scott.a.mueller@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 11:18 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [DMCForum] Re: Gasoline Prices and the election

Bob,

The San Francisco refinery produces approximately 50 MBPD of finished
gasoline.

Using MTBE was mandated by law.  Now, we have discovered that the MTBE is
contaminating our underground aquifers.

All of this money that had to be spent so the refineries could produce or
use the MTBE oxygenates has been wasted.

How do you clean up the aquifers?

A great example of what happens when Lawyers dictate what technologies we
must use.

Scott

click here