[DMCForum] Re: NO OIL SHORTAGE WHATSO EVER!

[DMCForum] Re: NO OIL SHORTAGE WHATSO EVER!

> We never keep a truck
long enough for that lol.  I know several people near us who have been doing
it for years with no issues.

When I was a kid (oh crap, Im old now) my dad heated our house with an oil-fired furnace.  He buried big oil tanks in our yard for that -- several hundred gallons worth of that stink.  He was going to buy a diesel car to run off of it, but that was when GM retrofitted a gas engine to run diesel.  Those were such a disaster that my dad never bought a diesel car.  He was too prejudiced to buy an imported Mercedes.

The pot in the furnace cracked.  He used it anyway.  It sooted up our walls & ceilings.  It made me so ill that I stuffed towels under my bedroom door and in my air vent and slept with the windows open.  But still enough fumes got in to keep me at least slightly nauseated.  This went on for years.  Luckily they sent me off to boarding school for illiterate kids.  (Was I dain bramaged?)  We couldnt keep any house plants alive.  Every season when he first turned it on, all our house plants would die overnight.  My mom now has chronic lung trouble.  I am now a fresh air addict and almost never heat my living spaces.

Okay, so Im venting (toxic fumes)
Walt

click here