Re: [DMCForum] No DEMOCRACY?

I voted already by absentee ballot (my mom made me do it).

Badnarik for president!

That's who I voted for.  I saw him interviewed on TV.  He says we are a republic as stated in our Pledge of Allegiance, "...and to the republic for which it stands..."

He said that a democracy is like two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.  And of course, the sheep becomes dinner.

In a true democracy, a predominantly white neighborhood could vote out all the blacks, jews, gays, DeLoreans, whatever.  I dont think I like democracy.

Not being satisfied with the predominant two-party system, I voted Libertarian at every opportunity.  Sure, it may be a wasted vote per se.  But I feel I need to show the country that the electoral process is drastically flawed.  If they bothered to count & apply our votes for our second & third choices as well as our primary choice then people would be more likely to vote for a minority candidate rather than effectively throw their vote away.  The result of counting only our primary choice unfairly perpetuates the current two-party dominant system while keeping minority parties out of the picture.  This is wrong and should be changed.

http://badnarik.org/

Oh wait, most of you are democrats... ;-)

Walt

click here