From: Flavia [mailto:frvianna@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 12:15 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: THE US TAX SYSTEM IS A FLAT TAX NOT A
PROGRESSIVE TAX SYSTEM

I wouldn't say penalized. The bottomline is: what will be funded with
the tax money? MOst countries are constantly in deficit, sometimes
for good reasons, sometimes for an endless war, too bad... So if it
is necessary to get more tax money, the increase should be levied to
those who have a lot and, despite the tax raise, they can still live
an expensive life. The amount that low income individuals pay should
be somewhat equivalent to what the rich pay.
And we all know that the more you have money the less tax you pay.
That will never change, but there are ways to try minimize that, as
utopic as they may seem.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> I would bet that if you made that kind of money you would be
lobbying to
> keep more of it for yourself.  Inasmuch as people with lower incomes
> shouldn't be penalized for their income/marital/kids status, why
should
> someone be penalized because they made a lot of money?
>
> Greg

click here