[DMCForum] Re: Speaking of Morons....Checksix.

[DMCForum] Re: Speaking of Morons....Checksix.

> What's your excuse? Is the WX that bad in Florida? Jeez, turn off the PC and go outside or something.

I have a boring book keeping job, so between every piece of paper I shuffle, I shuffle an email or two as a reward.  But then with all opiates, people tend to abuse.  As of late it's just coffee (right now way too much coffee as evidenced by the length of this) and an occasional shot of some liquor in the evening.  But I do enjoy the rebel reputation for doing worse.  I'm clean now.  What's your excuse for hanging out on a DeLorean forum?  I thought you dropped yours from a helicopter or something.  I suppose being here beats watching re-runs of M.A.S.H.

> (lol, or maybe not...they're southeners).

Eh, I dont believe in regional stereotypes unless you are looking to insult.  I'm mostly of Yankee blood, and most of that immigrated from Europe.  Or is it the weather that makes southerners that way?  Come to think of it, I'm sitting here totally nude with the window open.  So the WX here is great!  TMI = too much information.

> (and if not doing so irks some
people all the better)

Yep, that's the ole Gary we know & love.  If you really want to get under people's skin, go into businesses without your shoes on.  That's not why I do it, tho.  Well, maybe a minor latent function of it.

> but you can take my handle (at least the one I
use here) as chiseled in stone.

Speaking of handles & chisels, off the forum yours is Checkdix3" implying the puny length thereof.

> Moderation? This place needs something like it, badly.

Oh pu-lease!  It was for the freedom from moderation that this forum was started.

> So badly that
there has been talk of starting another list...

There is always talk of starting another list.  And these talkers are telling you about it?  (ha!)  Read the subject line of this thread again.  It started due to you telling people they are wrong without disclosing your supposed correct information.

And like the internet needs yet another DeLorean group.  The devil uses this strategy to scatter the church.  I find it odd that he gives a s#it about antique cars.  But then it is distracting me from my religion among other things.  I should quit this...  I think I'll make a resolution to only contribute useful technical information from now on and skip reading the off-topic drivel.  {feeling an earthquake}

> devoted solely to high
quality tech info and assitance.

Isn't that what the DML is so proud of with their acclaimed high signal-to-noise ratio?  If everyone practiced what they preached, there soon should be enough technical info online in the form of how-to's that there wont be a significant need for technical-only groups.  There wont be much left to discuss except socializing like we already do here.  And if you follow the DML mantra, "Support the vendors, support the vendors."  If you buy your parts from them, they are more than glad to give technical advice over the phone.

There are more DeLorean groups on Yahoo alone than I care to pay attention to.  Granted, Yahoo is not the best place to be.  They rejected my personals ad because they thought mentioning DeLoreans & Barefooting as hobbies gave away too much personal information so that interested chicks could find me without paying their subscription fee.  (They let you look for free, but you gotta pay to answer anybody.)  But then I dont expect any woman to want to date me.  I specified that I hate makeup, shaved legs and that I eat bugs.  (Actually the Bible says that grasshoppers are clean food as opposed to such a common food as pork which is anathema according to Leviticus.)  Really, my reason for posting the personals ad was to push people's buttons just like you do here.  It surprised me that Yahoo rejected my ad based on generically mentioning DeLoreans & barefooting as hobbies.  I was expecting them to complain that looking for a woman with armpit hair was in bad taste.  But really, why do women shave?  Lite hair is feminine, but shaved skin is reptilian & gross.  And who likes to feel razor stubble and ingrown hair zits?

Yeah, I'm a gadfly and definitely plan to be a monk if I outlive my family obligations.  I'm too eccentric to get along with the general public.  And it appears that you are too.  It may not mean much coming from normal people, but when a lunatic calls you crazy, take note. ;-)

Walt

click here