Re: [DMCForum] 5096 Hot-Start

> A quick step to reduce the possibilities would be to take it to an auto parts store and have them test it since you already have it off the car.

Nice to see you have a sense of humor, Greg -- like an autoparts store employee would actually be able to diagnose something. ;-)  From my experience they would swear that it came off a Chevy and that it is actually an alternator.

Samuel, make sure you are not missing the dust shield which is shown in the parts manual page 4/1/1 as #7 in the picture.  If this were missing then I think that would allow more clutch dust to get in which could cause your symptoms.  It would be interesting to compare with a starter off an automatic since those dont make clutch dust.

Dont throw your old starter away.  It might just need a good cleaning up, and then you could have it as a spare.

Now what is the deal with DMCH having new starters for sale?  I thought they were in short supply.  Did someone there knock over another crate and find a stockpile?

The rims look good in the photo.  I'm curious to see them in person since I will probably have mine done by the same people.  So who are you going to use to mount the tires without scraping up all that nice powdercoating?

BTW Samuel, on the phone you sounded like you had too much coffee or something. :-)

Walt
p.s. my spell checker thinks DMCH should be DUCHY.  I think it is kind of cute.  Maybe I will start calling them that.

click here