[DMCForum] Re: Torsion bar adjustment Orlando

[DMCForum] Re: Torsion bar adjustment Orlando

Did you happen to get the newer style dampening shocks? I use them
on my 81 and they work great. You can have your door tight & it will
rise nice & easy, then the last 2-3 inches slow down and stop with
no impact bounce.

Joe OBrien

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dmcorlando2003" <SundeQuick@xxxx>
wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Just put a new strut on my driver's side.  First time I have
needed
> to since I gott he car about 1 1/2 years ago.  Now the damn thing
> flies up.  Ii think the torsion bar may need to be adjusted (or
will
> the strut "loosen" up a bit aftrer a few days?)
>
> If adjustment is the case. anybody in the area know how to do
> it....err can anyone in the area do it.  I know the procedure as
it
> is well documented just not set uop to do it and besides, I really
> love my back glass the way it is currently...i.e.  ONE PIECE!
>
> Michael
> VIN# 02944

click here