[DMCForum] Re: throw-out bearing replacement

[DMCForum] Re: throw-out bearing replacement

Toby,
Jim had already ordered the parts from John Hervey before
you spoke up.  So you missed out.  Sorry. :/  BTW, do you
include a clutch alignment tool like John Hervey does?  I
dont think he left anything out except maybe some detailed
instructions, but none of the major vendors supply
instructions.  The manuals are quite vague.

We got the transmission bolted to the engine today.  This
job was about as hard as removing it which ranks it up there
as a major pita.  We replaced the engine crank seal and
found that the gasket behind the seal holder was missing.
Or maybe the previous guy used some sort of spray-on gasket.
It was leaking oil anyway.

We spent about an hour trying to figure out the clutch fork.
There is a little spring metal mini-fork that broke off the
back.  We finally 'guessed' that it wasn't worth $200 for a
new fork and an extra day of Jim renting a car.  So we put
the little rubber hat thingy on the pivot ball do-hickey,
and everything looks hunkeydorey.

Tomorrow we will connect up all the linkage and see if it
works.  I splashed the back of the car (and Jim, too) with
some holy water.  I figured that if the car fell on me, then
at least it would have been a blessed car instead of a
typical damn car.  ;-)

Walt

click here