[DMCForum] Re: A/C performance

> It seems to blow out hard but doesnt seem cold enough to
make a real difference.

It sounds like there is something amiss.  There are many
things (or combination of things) that could be the
culprit -- too many, in fact, to try to list here.  Most
notably, there is no telling what shortcuts a previous
mechanic may have done such as adding refrigerant without
replacing lost oil, allowing moisture into the system
without evacuating, using stop-leaks & seal 'restorers', etc
that gum up & clog a system.

Sometime when we both have the time, I will be glad to check
it over.  I have refurbished several DeLorean aircon systems
and know what to look for.  Unfortunately, in order to make
a system right, it all needs to be taken apart, flushed
thoroughly, replace all rubber parts, etc.  The only
reasonable way to know what is going on inside is to
disassemble and look.  And in the process of disassembly,
things may break if they are not broken already.  And once
you get very far into it, you might as well do it right the
first time or do it over again later.

We can tell a lot by using non-invasive procedures such as
observing cycling times, pressures (measured with a manifold
gauge set), temperatures, and so on.  The primary thing to
consider in your case is if poor performance is related to
your overheat condition.  Perhaps one or both of your
radiator fans were not functioning.

Walt

click here