[DMCForum] Re: A/C performance

Since I bought the car it hasnt been able to keep me from sweating.
It seems to blow out hard but doesnt seem cold enough to make a real
difference.  It is cool near the vents, but not cold when on full
blast.  I know some air is leaking out in the door jamb but it isnt
a problem of speed, I want ice cold air coming out.  If I need more
freon, the air temperature would be warm right away or gradually get
warmer?  I am sure my fans are working fine.

Misha

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> Misha,
>
> It is very common for the aircon duct work to be all screwed
> up in DeLoreans.  Check the air output from the duct with
> the door open and then compare with the door closed.  Often
> much of the air is blowing inside the door where it is
> wasted.  On my car, it was chilling down the outer door skin
> so well that it was dripping with condensate.  Also (and
> sorry if this insults your intelligence) make sure that the
> vent is all the way open.  There is a little thumb wheel
> adjustment for that.
>
> The center console vents are another problem area.  People
> often dont put them back together properly causing the vinyl
> tubes to crush which restricts/diverts air flow.
>
> Another thing to check is the output temperature of your
> evaporator.  Put a meat thermometer in the dash vent and
> measure the temperature.  In the worst hottest conditions,
> mine stays around 54F.  If one of your radiator fans arent
> working properly, this will affect aircon performance as
> well as overheat the cooling system.  Since you were having
> problems with yours, maybe it got hot enough that it caused
> a leak in a weak spot when it boiled over.
>
> Other things to consider is that maybe a previous owner
> installed the wrong blower motor or mismatched the style of
> squirrel cage fan.  Using the wrong fan and/or having it
> spin the wrong direction will not put out almost enough air
> flow to make you think maybe there almost isn't a problem.
> I aint got no good grammer anyhow.
>
> Walt
> p.s.  la la la la la

click here