[DMCForum] Re: 24valve 3.0 PRV

Hi Chris and others,

I have found a Citroen XM V6 3.0 24v already in Ireland, just this
morning, in a junk yard. I can get the whole car for about $500 I
think, or just the engine and ecu for about $250. I would prefer to
get the whole car I think so that I could get the engine running well
while still bolted to the original car, before beginning the swap. It
has sat for the past 18 months without being started, so I might have
some work to do on it. Maybe they will take less money for the car if
I let them keep stuff like the doors, windows, interior, etc, and I
could trailer the shell of the car with engine intact away. :)

Anyway, the only other problem I can see with this one is that it is
an automatic transmission, and I might run into problems with the
sensor for the ignition trigger as Steve of project delorean did.
Would I be better off waiting until I find a similar engine attached
to a manual transmission?

I'm hoping that any engine mounting issues will be solved by swapping
the lower DeLorean crank case to the new engine, hopefully it will
bolt straight on to it, does anyone know for sure?

Thanks!
John

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Christophe Vieira" <88mph@xxxx>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm new on this list so a little presentation : my name is
> Christophe, I'm 32 years old and I work as analyst programmer, I
> live in France and I am the proud owner of VIN#04271.
>
> Sure, replace the DeLorean engine with a 24v PRV is a good idea, I
> plan myself to make this swap with some improvements. These engines
> are common here but this kind of engine was usually mounted on
> touring cars so they usualy have a high mileage. These are still
> available as new.
>
> Some little problems :
> 1) The 24v PRV is installed crosswise instead of lengthwise.
> 2) The engine mount is different (suspended), must keep the
original
> one.
> 2) The gearbox is almost on the side of the engine, not like the
> DeLorean.
>
> But the swap is possible, not inexpensive but possible...
>
> Not all Peugeot 605 or Citroën XM have the 24v engine, only models
> from 1990 to 1997 for both. Before, they have 12v and after the
> engine is at 60°, not 90°.
>
> Best very regards from France,
>
> Chris.
>
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Dore" <dmcjohn@xxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi lads,
> > I'm planning on putting a more modern PRV engine in my car, the
> > engine from a Peugeot 605, which is a 200bhp EFI 24valve 3.0 PRV.
> > After putting a free flow exhaust on it, it should reach
hopefully
> > 210 to 215 bhp. What do you think?!
> > Thanks,
> > John