[DMCForum] Re: Platinum Plugs

Dave - I've been using the +4 plugs in Winged1 for a couple of years
now (~ 20,000 miles).  I am very happy with them.  Of course, I've
always been happy with platinum plugs in general, despite what some
of the "experts" say.  I talked to one professional mechanic who
said that the platinum plugs were a very bad idea, and should never
be used.  I asked him why he felt that way, and after a great deal
of hemming and hawing, he finally admitted to me what his issue
was.  The problem is (according to him) that the platinum plugs last
so long and are so reliable that people start to forget about
maintaining the rest of their cars, and ultimately allow the overall
condition to deteriorate because they aren't in there on a regular
basis changing the plugs.  (huhh?)  So, the basic problem is that
they are too good.  BTW - I am using +4's in all of my vehicles now,
with no issues.  Back when I was driving a Honda, I routinely got
40,000 miles on a set of platinum plugs.  I would replace them
eventually just because I felt guilty for leaving them in for so
long, although they usually looked fine.

Toby Peterson
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, doctorDHD@xxxx wrote:
> Anyone have  first hand knowledge of how the Platinum-4 plugs
perform?

> D² &  6530

click here