[DMCForum] Re: Right from Wrong.

Maybe Socrates' words weren't exaclty those that Farrar mentioned.
HIs ideas are immortal, but there is the time factor too. First off,
he never wrote anything, he was very smart but lazy, poor Plate had
to do all the writing :)
Anyways, my point is that knowing better is not always enough, people
must willing to do the right thing. I'll give an example that
happened to me just recently, I have a "not very bright" roommate,
who complained bc the town refused to take the trash (she was the one
who put lose trash in the trash can on top of the bagged stuff) , so
we had to "store" it for 1 whole week, actually she did it again last
night, so this will be the 2nd week, argh. I already told her: stop
tossing things in the trash when they are recyling, we don't need to
build more trash and I don't admit that in my own house we don't
recycle stuff like water bottles, and don't put trash out that is not
bagged. I don't know if I explained my point well, but she knows
recycling is for everyone's own good, and if she recycles, she has
less trash, she still doesn't do it and complains we have too much
trash (the recycling is always picked up every week, never builds
up!) I think people can't see the big picture of what happens to
zillions of cigarette butts or that you can't just go out killing
people, or other things that common sense established that it's
wrong. In spite of knowing the consequences, they still do it wrong,
go figure! Human beings are weird :)
And who was mentally ill? Hitler?

Coming back to the list.... Flavia