  From: John Hervey
  To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 11:46 PM
  Subject: RE: [DMCForum] dead battery

  Lauren,
  While most people don't rebuild the Motorola because of the power out put,
  the only problem will be is keeping the battery charged with it. When it
  heats up the alternator will only put out maybe 80 amps tops. It will work
  but marginal. There were also very prone to melt. It will probably do it
  again over time. 13.5 is good when your driving. If you turn on the AC /
  blower motor and lights watch the battery meter to drop below 13 volts.
  John Hervey