Re: [DMCForum] Resetting the fuel system

Re: [DMCForum] Resetting the fuel system

>  Be aware that there was a factory service bulletin (recall)
>  that replaces the inertia switch and relocates it to the
>  driver's side foot well where it is less apt to get kicked &
>  thus tripped.?

Mine's screwed onto the bracket that holds the lambda counter, so I'm
guessing the recall has been done.

> The originals tend to melt & go open.? Often
>  times people just find a new ground for the pump not knowing
>  any better.

Hmmm, there is some melted plastic in between the contacts...

>  > Is there something special I have to do after
>  disconnecting the cut-off
>  switch to 'reset' the system (i.e. is there another switch
>  that needs
>  resetting up-circuit?)
>
>  No.? Just make sure the plunger is down (no red/orange
>  stripe showing) on the inertia switch.

That's the case here. It never popped.

>  > and would people here expect that simply
>  disconnecting and reconnecting the cut-off would prevent the
>  car from
>  working?
>
>  In your case maybe your wires are crispy.? Maybe all it took
>  was a little phuquing with to make those marginal
>  connections go bad.

Ulp!

>  Do you know how to jumper your RPM relay to force your fuel
>  pump on?? It really helps when diagnosing problems.

No, but it'd be useful to know please. Does this disconnect the switch
on the fuel loop on the fuel distributor thing in the engine bay?

(and can you tell I don't know the proper names for any of these
things? :-) )

>  Walt??? Tampa, Florida

click here