Re: [DMCForum] Re: HID headlights, my opinion on Delorean lighting

Re: [DMCForum] Re: HID headlights, my opinion on Delorean lighting

I read that page with great interest and realised that it also explains
the experience I've had with my inerior light.

I've replaced the front interior light with a 9-way super-bright LED
festoon bulb which lights the interior up brilliantly, but has the
curious property of not actually allowing you to see anything!! The
colour is supposedly white but we all know white LED's are heavily in
the blue end of the spectrum. My rear light, knobbled from a scrap
Renault, looks really dirty yellow by comparison, but  I can actually
see stuff with it!

BTW where do discharge lamps it into all this? (novice when it comes to
lights)

It's worth pointing ot that the inverse square law also applies to the
rated wattage of these bulbs - a 100W bulb does not throw out twice the
amount of light as a 50W bulb

Martin

Marc Levy wrote:

> FWIW, I did not visit the Dan Stern page (I did visit
> howardstern.com)...  But I do have the cool blue
> lights in 1860, and for no scientific reason strongly
> suggest the "upgrade".  The lights seem brighter, and
> the visibility is much better.
>
> HID, Projector, or whatever other technology is out
> there may be even better than the "cool blue", but for
> an inexpensive and easy upgrade I have no complaints.

click here