[DMCForum] DMCH Fuel Tank Level sender opinion...

[DMCForum] DMCH Fuel Tank Level sender opinion...

I decided to recently do some preventative maintence and get the new
DMC Houston fuel sender unit.  My original worked quite well but
became jumpy and unreliable IMO when you got to around 1/4 tank.
This bothered me so this is why I decided to do the preventative
maintence.  I ebayed my original sender for around $35 and paid the
$100 for the DMCH unit.  All I have to say is I miss my original.  I
do not know if I just did not notice it with the original or the
DMCH unit has to be broken in but it has more fluctuations than the
original and across the fuel level band.  I would be driving on a
level road, as all roads are in florida and it would have 1/4 tank
swings, even with a basically fully tank.  I turned my car on
earlier and I was on 1/8 tank and was worried, 20 sec latter I was
just under half tank.  Not impressed.  I should of heeded the old
saying of dont fix what aint broke!  Is this just a regular problem
with deloreans or the sender, do I have to spend the extra for the
zilla one?

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Get unlimited calls to

U.S./Canada