[DMCForum] The ongoing saga of clutch replacement

[DMCForum] The ongoing saga of clutch replacement

The car is back up on 4 jack stands again. My new ones this time. It's
still not as high as I think I'll need, but it's up there. I'm going
one notch at a time, alternating front and back, and being very
careful and paranoid.

Everything is disassembled. I would have had this project done by now,
but nobody was open to resurface my flywheel Sunday nor today so I
took my sweet time. That's getting done tomorrow. Then I'll start to
button her back up. Still need to replace the Toby Tabs and several
seals while I'm at it. I'll probably let this project drag out a few
more days and really take my time.

I do have questions:

1. Some of the frame epoxy is missing and peeling just under the
bellhousing. No rust at all, but I know I need to fix this right away.
Can someone tell me how?

2. What are the torque specs & pattern on the flywheel bolts?

3. Are the vendor's workshop manuals as bad as mine? Mine looks
photocopied, and is in a huge three ring binder. Pictures are almost
impossible to see (they look like large black blobs), page numbers are
hard to read and I can't find a decent table of contents. So it's
almost impossible for me to find anything, like, for example, the
torque specs on the flywheel bolts!! I have no problem spending the
$50 or so on a new one, so long as it's not just more of the same. I
mean, if I had the last DeLorean on earth I could get by with this
manual, but spending hours digging through it's grimy photocopied
pages for one little sentence of information is not my idea of fun.

Thanks to all for your continued help and advice.

-Ryan

click here