Re: [DMCForum] Re: cooling fan follow-up

Re: [DMCForum] Re: cooling fan follow-up

Can't be bothered with the explanation but all the crrectly functioning
fans I've measured draw around 8 amps each. These fuses are not
quick-blow, but anti-surge, that is they require heat to pop. They will
sustain a current greater than their rating for a short period - for
example, the time it takes the fans to fire up. I've got a pair of
relays running my fans - one for each fan, and each is fused at 10A and
neither have ever needed new fuses. I run the fans constantly with AC.

FWIW I've repaired a couple of fan fail modules now!

Martin

checksix3 wrote:

> "I replaced them with 15amp fuses (there were formerly 20amp) and I
> always keep spares with me, so this should solve this problem.
> Every part has a life, and those little fuses had all they could
> stand of DeLorean voltage."
>
> You're demonstrating a misundertsanding of things electrical. I'll
> let someone else correct you on this but your "fix" is not a valid
> one.

click here