[DMCForum] Re: DeLorean engine swaps.

My younger brother had an LHS with the 3.5L, and it could really make
that large car scoot.  The only issue that he had with the engine was
that it collected air in the cooling system in a similar fashion to
the DeLorean.  One engine was toasted in his car because of it, so we
retrofitted a DeLorean-style self-bleeder setup into it for the
second engine.  Worked like a charm.  This is a very wide looking
engine because of the intake system, so it would sort of resemble the
DeLorean engine (sort of!).  Great choice, I think.  You could
probably find a wrecked LHS or Intrepid and get the computers out of
it so that the entire installation was integrated.

Question - Do any of the possible "engine swap" engines spin the
opposite direction than the DeLorean engine?  Something to keep in
mind.

Toby Peterson
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@xxxx> wrote:
> 253 horsepower at 6,400 rpm
> 255 pound-feet of torque at 3,950 RPM
>
> Add a Paxton for 54% HP Gain, 28% Torque Gain.
>
> btw, It is 24 valve, but a SOHC.. Not a DOCH like I
> said before..
>

> --- Scott Mueller <scott.a.mueller@xxxx> wrote:
>
> > Marc,
> >
> > What is the HP of the 3.5L Chrysler?