[DMCForum] ATTN: CheckSix3 (Organized Religion)

[DMCForum] ATTN: CheckSix3 (Organized Religion)

I'm afraid religion beyond a handful of believers has no choice but to
be organized. Is far too complex otherwise. You're dealing with money
& investments, real property, contractual obligations, etc. Is the
difference between a few friends meeting to play sports in weekend
pick up games and an honest to goodness sporting league.

In the Christain faith, biggest single difference between
denominations is the way in which they organize and govern themselves.
Theological nuances, trappings of worship, etc are nothing compared to
hiring and firing personnel, making capital investments, or the real
biggie: effecting decisions regarding the priest/pastor/reverend.

If you have access to a Bible, check out the following passages from
Acts ("Actions of the Apostles": history of the beginning of the
Christian church -- notice they aren't even called "Christians" until
Acts 11:26). Shows organization of that religion within 30 years of
the death of Jesus:
Acts 6:2-3 (Treasurers)
Acts 11:29-30 (First ever fund raiser!)
Acts 14:23 (Ordained Leadership)
Acts 16:4 (Church government -- contrast to Acts 4:32-35)
Etc

Bill Robertson