Re: [DMCForum] Re: Lit Bumper.

Forgive me for not following this thread but I've had a busy week...

I'm not sure how you did that but it looks pretty good!

I have thought about something similar for a long time, but it involved
cutting the letters out of the bumper and putting in an
electroluminescent panel. Sure it means defacing your car, but it would
be cheapish. (I'm all about saving money, as you well know.) Of course,
those guys who want to be able to return it to stock could just buy a
spare bumper from Their Favorite Vendor.

As far as "just making it glow", you could always hook up a sensor to
your sound system and adjust it to a certain frequency range so that the
word would blink with the bass. ;) Or hook up a simple blinker kit from
Radio Shack or any electronics hobby shop... the possibilities are endless.

I know. Most of my ideas suck, but I share them anyway. Enjoy. :)

--Farrar

Marc Levy wrote:
> Toby;
>
> The one on my car is a prototype.  There are some
> ripples in it, so it does not look as good as it
> should.  The sample I got was not laminated correctly.
>
> I don't think I can get any more hi-res than the
> photos I have online (at least with my camera).
>
> This may be more clear than the Forum photos:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/malevy_nj/bumper/NotLit.jpg
> http://www.geocities.com/malevy_nj/bumper/Nightime.jpg
>

> It is cool, but Mark made a good point..  The price
> may be too high to "just make it glow"..  As far as
> feedback goes, I have only the few comments given to
> me on the Forum...  A few people have seen it in
> person, and liked it.  I posted it to the DML
> yesterday, but it has not been moderated yet.  Let's
> see what the masses there say.
>
> I could get a "batch" done, but did not want to get
> stuck with them for too long due to my lack of
> employment.  I am not looking to be come a vendor.

click here