[DMCForum] Re: Paying for college

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Farrar Hudkins <fhudkins@xxxx> wrote:
> earn it myself. My parents didn't kick me out of the house -- I was out
> of there as soon as I could afford it! LOL
>
> I could go on and on, but I think you know where I'm coming from.
Sounds
> like we agree on something. ;)

LOL! We're more alike than we thought. I left home as soon as
possible, too - within 6 months of turning 18. Bought myself a
singlewide mobile home. It was actually a pretty nice place. I had a
fenced yard, and the place was mine so I could make modifications,
turn the music up, own a dog, and all of the other things that renters
often can't do. Oh, and I was building equity for my next house - main
reason I chose to own vs. rent.

Did my parents help me at all? Yeah, they did. They bought me a washer
and dryer when I moved into my "new" place, which I was very grateful
for - but I did not ask for it nor did I expect it. They also loaned
me money to buy my first car when I was 16 because I couldn't get a
loan (no credit history and under 18), but I had to make monthly
payments until it was paid off.

I don't regret the way I was raised, and I plan to raise my children
in a similar way.

-Ryan

click here