[DMCForum] Re: The economy sucks.

You're right of course. I am proving your point. The thing I hate
about hybrid is how complex it is, having to mate 2 systems together
instead of a single system using a different power source vs.
gasoline.

Even so, a study I had read last year when fuel was around 1.30-
1.50/gallon stated that it would take 15 years of ownership to
realize the fuel savings over the greater cost of the vehicle. Now
that oil keeps reaching new highs, and fuel is creeping up over
$2.00/gallon, that time is now almost cut in half, to 7 years of
ownership. For me, it is now feasible to own a hybrid car and I am
looking at them.

-AND- I take the electric train to work every day, so there. ;-P

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Stragand" <dave.stragand@xxxx>
wrote:

> For those of you who are so deeply concerned with alternative
fuels, might I
> ask which vehicle you drive on a daily basis?  Is it a natural gas-
powered
> vehicle, electric, or gas-electric hybrid?  They ARE available
now... Oh,
> you don't own one of these alternative fuel vehicles?  Why?  Oh,
because
> they are too expensive and/or inconvenient?  Thank you for proving
my point.
> =)

> -Dave

click here