[DMCForum] Re: The economy sucks.

To show that I'm not a blind, party-line follower, I'll say this:

I agree that "real" unemployment figures may be higher. How much, I
don't know. The economy is growing, but too slowly. I concede that
jobs being created aren't as good as the ones we've lost.

I do not however, share your theory about the real estate market.
When that bubble pops, it won't be -any- administration's fault.
Interest rates are as low as they can go. I blame speculators and
what I call "slum lords". People in my area who buy junk homes, slap
some paint on them and put them back on the market for $20-40k more
than they paid for them. Falsely inflating home values is the surest
way to creat and hence pop an economic bubble.

Personal debt is an individual's fault. Not the government.
The federal deficit, I excuse (for now) because of the enormous
expense of fortifying the nation, and hunting down terrorist
organizations.

The cost of living is high because the cost of energy is high. Energy
independence is the key to achieving national security and economic
growth. I do totally blame this and past administrations for not
developing alternate sources of energy. The cost of every single
thing we buy to live is driven by the cost of energy that it took to
build it, and deliver it to the market. I totally believe that it is
within our economic and technological capability to bring affordable,
alternative energy like nuclear power plants and hydrogen powered
vehicles (AND the necessary infrastructure) or fuel cell vehicles to
the market by the end of the decade.