[DMCForum] Re: Air system/mode switch question

[DMCForum] Re: Air system/mode switch question

Okay, I think I'll go out and get one of those.  I believe I may
have another vac problem somewhere but I'll save that for another
day.

With the actuator off I am getting suction on hose one only.  I'm
was thinking that normally all hoses had suction and only when the
hose is selected that it opens the line.  Is this correct thinking?

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> Brian,
>
> It is time you invested in a hand vacuum pump.  I have a
> Mity-Vac brand (I think) with a built in vacuum gauge.  The
> built in gauge is very useful.  I bought the whole kit from
> NAPA that has all the weird little adaptors/fittings.  This
> tool is indispensable.  I use it to prime-siphon fuel tanks
> or vacuum out about any liquid from any hard-to-reach place,
> test ignition vacuum advance, test CPR, trouble shoot a/c
> controls, etc.
>
> To test any vacuum actuator, just hook up the hand pump,
> draw a vacuum and watch what happens.
>
> Until or unless you get a pump, try pulling the hose loose
> for the vacuum source of the mode switch and test for vacuum
> there.  You should hear it sucking air, and it will
> suck/stick to your finger tip.
>
> Walt    Tampa, Florida

click here