[DMCForum] Re: Moderation

I prefer a web based forum, ala vBulletin, for this type of
conversation. I would GLADLY make one available free of charge to this
group if everyone wanted to move over. Quite frankly Yahoo's web
interface sucks. Real forums make threading and participation so much
easier.

Unfortunately I think people like to do everything from an email
account, which most decent online BBS software doesn't support.

Is there enough interest in a fully featured web based system? Does
someone want to start a poll, or are we all happy here?

-Ryan

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "supremeadmiralsenn"
<AdmiralSenn@xxxx> wrote:
> Well, I thought I'd put in some ideas for the forum:
>
> 1) Why is there even a "moderated discussion" link on the dmcforum
> page (which is down)?
>
> 2) Couldn't we use a web-based forum? I know I for one am tired of
> seeing EVERY SINGLE POST made by all ~180 people on this forum every
> day... I can't go away on vacation without coming back to several
> hundred or thousand emails. I know we don't exactly have a corporate
> sponsor to pay for webspace, but at least with something even like a
> proboards forum (ick) those who don't want to don't have to look at
> every message about whatever topic.
>
> 3) Well... that was it. There are more advantages for a more
> "forum-ish" setup, but those aren't really suggestions..... erm.
>
> 4) If everyone is opposed to a web-based forum client, I'm sure
> there's a way to make replying to a message easier. Maybe I've been
> spoiled by other forums, but I don't like having to log in to yahoo
> and hunt for the post I want to reply to, or go to "Post" and type in
> the message title I'm looking for. Isn't there a way to set it up so a
> reply to the message would go to a "Dmcforum" account, then get sent
> to everyone else? It seems to me (as a non-programmer/admin) that this
> would be fairly simple..

click here