Re: [DMCForum] Re: Vacuum questions

> When I firewall the throttle, I lose so much vacuum the
flapper
> shuts, cutting off my airflow.

I had this problem too.  But it only happened when I ran the
AC on MAX.  It turned out that the vacuum line going to the
heater valve was pulled loose.  It was hanging behind the
engine where I never saw it.

> 1. Describe the different modes of operation @ different
temps.

The vacuum switch under the intake manifold is the
air-equivalent to an electrical single-pole-double-throw
switch, SPDT.  When cold it sends vacuum to the CPR and not
to the distributor advance.  When warm, it sends vacuum to
the distributor advance and not to the CPR.  On a warm day
it only takes about 15 seconds of running a cold engine to
throw this switch.

> 2. 1 line goes to the vacuum advance solenoid.
> 3. 1 line goes to the intake nipple for a vacuum source.
> 4. 1 line goes ????

The 3rd line is the vacuum source and goes to the intake
manifold.

> My recommendation is to throw it away and
replace the CPR with a European model.

(Walt shaking his head...)  There you go again, Bill.  ;-)
I doubt that you could put such a different CPR on a
DeLorean and have it work without other substantial changes.
The Lambda would be messed up.  The cat would probably glow
and melt.  I'm sure your answer is to remove/bypass all that
stuff.  Have you successfully done this to a typical bad
running DeLorean? (I mean a stock DeLorean PRV)  And have it
still run afterwards?

Walt

click here