Re: [DMCForum] ATTN: Andrei (Brake Problem)

Re: [DMCForum] ATTN: Andrei (Brake Problem)

Its a 1977 GMC Sierra 35 with Reading work bed.

What Walt was referring to with pulling the axles, is how to remove the
drums.  I have never worked on a Dana 60 rear end with drum brakes, and
have not yet pulled the wheels off the truck so I have no idea how
involved it will be.  But I really don't think Dana would make you pull
the axle apart to get to the brakes on a work truck axle.

The lines are really easy to change on this truck cause it only has a
350 which leaves the engine compartment wide open.  And with the high
suspension I don't even need to jack it up to get under it on my creeper.

I might pull the bed anyway cause we really need a stake side flat bed
more than tool boxes.  And one of the volunteers has a flatbed that
would fit and is very interested in the work bed.

Andrei

content22207 wrote:

>Can't find the beginning of this thread...
>
>What kind of vehicle are you having trouble with? I've never heard of
>a rear wheel drive with brake lines INSIDE the axle tubes.
>
>Recently ran all new brake lines on a road salt damaged Lincoln
>(everything from the master cylinder south). Can not follow routing of
>the original lines with the body in place, but it's very easy to pick
>new routes.
>
>If you're replacing brake lines on a truck, definitely no problem. You
>don't even need to remove the bed.
>
>Bill Robertson

click here