[DMCForum] Re: Air system/mode switch question

[DMCForum] Re: Air system/mode switch question

Thanks for the input.  I'm pretty sure it has to do with the
controls or vacuum becasue it does blow just not my face.  When
selecting modes I don't hear a darn thing!  No flaps change in the
least.  I did this with the car running, fans, no fans...etc.  I'm
going to pop out the control knobs and visual check the vacuum lines
(unless no one thinks this is neccesary)  I'll have to check up on
the rod that you spoke of - making custom parts like that shouldn't
be too big of a deal - I have good sources for custom jobbies such
as that.

> >--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> > Brian,
> >
> > The a/c has several vacuum-actuated flapper doors, and it
> > sounds like the one for your dash & door vents is not
> > opening.
> > There are a couple of things that can cause this.  First
> > determine if it is a vacuum problem.  Does the mode switch
> > hiss?  Do you hear the various flapper doors open & close
> > when you turn the mode switch thru its full range?  Put the
> > blower speed to "0" so you can hear better.  Momentary air
> > noises are normal.  But a constant hiss from the mode switch
> > is a leak.  Did you hear the doors move?  If not then either
> > the mode switch is broken or a vacuum line is phuct.  If you
> > did hear them move (which means that at least some of the
> > actuators are getting vacuum) then most likely you have a
> > broken vacuum actuator that controls the dash vents.  The
> > arm on it is made of plastic, and they are known to break.
> > Exact replacements are very expensive.  I would make a new
> > arm first.
> >
> > Let us know what you find.
> >
> > Walt    Tampa, Florida

click here