Re: [DMCForum] color-blindness??

Farrar

What you have just written is something I take issue with. Darren is as
knowledgable on optometry as you are on something you work with every
day of your life and in this particular case should not be mocked. Why?
Because what's being discussed here is a disability - and what you wrote
is just plain insulting. Take the term "colour-blindness" with the same
gravity as "paraplegic" (sp?) and you'll see where I'm going with this.

Although not deficient in colour recognition, I have a sight disorder
which makes my vision extremely impaired were it not for specially
fitted contact lense, but the nature of the disorder makes that fitting
extremely difficult and inevitably a compromise (being related to
deformation of the cornea). The result is I spend a lot of my time in
serious discomfort (especially during the summer) and more often than
not essentially blind in my left eye (in which I experience the most
discomfort and frequently rely solely on my right eye).

I would take serious issue with anyone talking glibly about my disease
and welcome anyone with the knowledge explaining things from an educated
perspective.

My late brother also was born with a detatched retina in one eye and was
insensitive to colour in the other.

Don't take the piss.

Martin

click here