[DMCForum] Re: A good book for those of you with children...

[DMCForum] Re: A good book for those of you with children...

It is funny to me the liberal/conservative stereotypes that
persist.  Didn't the last tax hike come from the Republicans and
didn't the largest surplus in history come from the Democrats.  I
know the conservatives will argue that Clinton's surplus was a
result of Bush.  If you do that however you need to say that Bush
tax hike came from Regan.

The Republicans always tout being for smaller government but in
reality, the government has never EVER gotten smaller and some of
the largest increases were under Republican rule.

Isn't it time we give up the liberal/conservative fight and shake
things up a bit.  If nothing else, it will scare the
liberals/conservatives into paying attention to what is really
important.  I'm not suggesting we vote for Nader either.

If your going to try to start forming your nieces political bent you
should get the follow up book, "Tommy and Lou lobby Washington".

Tommy and Lou, despite the Liberal government's attempts to crush
any economic growth, turn "God's Lemons Inc."  into an International
mega corporation.  They find that they could increase profits by
1.2% if they move the operation to India.  The Republican's now in
office give Tommy and Lou millions of taxpayers' dollars as
incentives to move the overseas.  Tommy and Lou's town of Happy
Ville is decimated by the job vacuum that is created.  Happy Ville,
a once thriving and productive town is now an economic wasteland.
The mom and pop shops that lived off the wealth of lemon workers are
gone too.  Tommy and Lou now face new obstacles as Argentina begins
to put the squeeze on Lemon prices.  Suddenly Tommy and Lou see
profits eroding as Argentina increases the price of exported Lemons
while the Argentinean economy flounders.  Tommy and Lou travel to
Washington to Lobby their cause.  The high cost for a gallon of
Lemonade has become a political liability for the current
administration.  Troops are sent to Argentina to protect American
interests.  All Hell breaks loose and a full out war ensues.  Over
the next ten years the U.S. gets mired in war that drains the
economy and creates more government growth than seen in decades
past.  Spending on defense skyrockets, thousands of America lives
are lost and debt that Tommy and Lou's children's children will be
paying of has crippled economic growth.  Tommy and Lou now reflect
on how they got to where they are.  They now realize that the blame
belongs in one place...the overpriced swing set manufacturer.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dave Stragand"
<dave.stragand@xxxx> wrote:
> I'm going to buy this for my niece...
>
> http://shop.wnd.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=1617
>
> "Help! Mom! There Are Liberals Under My Bed: A Small Lesson in
Conservatism"

> By Katharine DeBrecht
>
> The story of two boys who dream about opening a lemonade stand
when a
> strange thing happens...
> Their dream gets stuck in Liberaland!
>
> "Help! Mom! There Are Liberals Under My Bed! A Small Lesson in
Conservatism"
> is a wonderful way to teach young children the valuable lessons of
> conservatism. In simple text, parents and children follow Tommy
and Lou on
> their quest to earn money for a swing set their parents cannot
afford. As
> their dream gets stuck in Liberaland, Tommy and Lou's lemonade
stand is hit
> with many obstacles.
>
> Liberals keep appearing from behind their lemon tree, taking half
of their
> money in taxes, forbidding them to hang a picture of Jesus atop
their stand,
> and making them give broccoli with each glass sold.

> Law after law instituted by the press-hungry liberals finally
results in the
> liberals taking over Tommy and Lou's stand and offering sour
lemonade at
> astronomical prices to the customers.

click here