From: Martin Gutkowski [mailto:martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 5:44 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Setting HC / CO with a Gas Analyzer?

Dave, you don't need to go that complex. Just set it with everything
functinoing, and you'll discover the lambd asystem fighting you within
the space of approximately 1/4 of a turn. This 1/4 of a turn basically
effects warm-up, when the lamnda system is in "cold" mode

Martin

Dave Stragand wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just wanted to see what all anyone has to say about setting the CO with an
> analyzer.  We'll be doing several tomorrow at the Pittsburgh tech session
> (possibly over 18 cars attending -- WOW!!!)
>
> The book has you set CO to 1%, at 950 RPMs with the O2 sensor
> disconnected.
> That is so that it sets CO in the middle of the range so the lambda system
> can compensate a bit either way.
>
> Assuming we do -not- disconnect the O2 sensor, and test at idle, what
> should
> the proper setting for CO be?  Warren at DMC Houston said around 0.5 -
> 0.6%,
> as running it down near 0% might be a bit lean.
>
> Pennsylvania emissions has CO 1.2% and 200 ppm HC as limits for 1981,
> and I
> imagine anything under 1% CO would be fine just about everywhere.  Any
> suggestions on exactly where percantage-wise that the CO should be set?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Dave Stragand
> http://www.ProjectVixen.com
> VIN #05927

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> click here

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129r8c6p1/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
oups/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1091909258/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
anion.yahoo.com>

>     * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
>

> .

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129mot1ll/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
oups/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1091915024/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp