[DMCForum] Re: Continued: Coil Packs (Greg)

[DMCForum] Re: Continued: Coil Packs (Greg)

Since when has a canister coil ever put anyone except Rich Acuti walking?

Can't limp anywhere when the coil pack isn't receiving instructions
from the onboard computer...

My friend's mother was towed home. He spent forever and a day trying
to figure out what was wrong. Even replaced the coil pack to the tune
of $300 or so. Ultimately turned out to be something in the exhaust
stream -- O2 sensor if I remember correctly.

Drove my AMC to work today. Same car I've been driving since I was 17
years old. 146,000 miles on the odometer. When these new computer
controlled cars are 23 years old, we'll compare ignitions. Until then,
they remain disposable technology in my estimation.

Coincidentally, today's Fayetteville Observer contained a short blurb
about notable number of cars that were underwater at Okracoke catching
fire when owners try to start them. That's quality engineering for you.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> What evidence is there that they don't last?  Other than it being more
> efficent, if one or more fail you can still limp home.  That can't
happen if
> your car has only one coil.
>
> Greg

click here