RE: [DMCForum] Fear Bush.

><snip>
>The real defense for terrorism is good intelligence,
>and then to act on that intelligence.  (something he
>did not do so well prior to 9/11).
><snip>

Psssstt... Marc... again, there were just a few months from when he was
sworn in, until the events of September 11, 2001 happened.  By the way, if
Kerry gets elected there won't be a lot of changes due to him being in
office, but it may seem that way because things are already under weigh now.
It takes time for the effect of actions to propagate.

Also, the argument about the recent terror level change being based on old
evidence has been refuted.  Yes, the intelligence was from some time ago,
but they have also learned that Al Qaeda plans things out well in advance.
One of their attacks was in the planning stages for five years, while they
are saying the WTC attacks took even longer to plan.  Still, this had me
thinking... who was in office and not acting a few years before 2001 when
they had this latest information.

Greg

click here