Re: [DMCForum] Bush

Katon, Robert wrote:
> First of all, the Constitution does not contain the words "separation of
> church and state"

I never said it did. Read up.

> secondly, this premise is not to protect either government or church, it
> was meant to protect people, specifically from having a state sponsored
> religion.  Period, end of story.

OK, explain to me how it is possible to have a government without
people. Then explain to me how it is possible to have a church without
people.

> Also, in case you don't know U.S. history, this country was founded by a
> group of white religious zealots.  There is nothing wrong with a
> legislator allowing his faith to guide his action in government and
> there is nothing in the Constitution that seeks to prohibit or limit
> this.

No, I've lived my whole life in the U.S. and know nothing about its history.

The founding fathers also believed that only their class should be
allowed to vote. And quite a few of them were Deists or Theists. They
used their faith to justify the fact that they, the white, land-owning
slavemasters, were superior. Fortunately we've evolved beyond such thinking.

Well, some of us have.

Oh, forget it. LOL

--Farrar

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor