Re: [DMCForum] Re: Bush Lost Florida In 2000

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Bush Lost Florida In 2000

Quite right, which is why we call the United States "a republic". I
think people have forgotten about the Electoral College and have decided
that the president should be elected by the popular vote; fortunately
the founding fathers knew better than that (and knew that, for the most
part, the general public are ill-informed and unreliable) so they built
a much better system.

--Farrar

Eric Itzel wrote:
> Don't forget that no matter how many disputed figures can be presented
> about the great election blunder of 2000, Bush still won hands down....
> because he received the most electoral votes. Popular vote does not
> matter, it just advises the electoral college on which way they should
> vote. Very much like a republican (political system, not the party)
> government, the electoral college should, but doesn't have to listen to
> the people.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here