[DMCForum] Replacing fasteners with SS

For a change of pace, a post about something DeLorean :-)

I am detailing the trunk space of 4494. I replaced carpeted sections
under the hood, painted the cross supports, installed
weatherstripping (missing when I bought the car), and installed new
hood edging strips.

Today I moved to the trunk space itself. The fasteners to all my
access panels were rusty, some were socketheads, some phillips head,
some already broken for me.

Knowing I would have my work cut out for me, I soaked all the
fasteners in PB Blaster for the past few days. As a precaution, I
ordered 25 rivnuts and some stainless steel fasteners from McMaster-
Carr.

To make a long story short, out of 25 possible fasteners, I had to
cut out 14. My Dremel got a workout today.

In working through various parts of my car, this has been typical.
Whenever I remove a fastener, I replace it with stainless steel and
use anti-seize.

Am I being anal or is this something everyone else does?

-Brian
VIN#4494

click here