From: timnagin [mailto:timnagin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 5:55 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [DMCForum] You other vehicle

I have been looking at this truck seriously, too.  I am also wondering
how
much of it may be influenced by Ford, even though the Titan is built at
its
own plant in Mississippi.  My business partner's father works for Nissan
so
I can get a friend's and family deal, but I am leaning more towards
buying
an American brand this time time around.

I have had Nissan products for many years and have nothing but good to
say
about them, but this is a brand new design so there will be bugs to work
out
in the next year.  That, and seeing what it will be worth after being on
the
market for its first year.  It did win the Car and Driver choice, which
if I
remember correctly was the very first time a first year vehicle had done
so.

There is also a rumor it may be available with a diesel engine soon, so
plan on waiting on that if get one.  The truck does have a lot of neat
features, I think.  The A-pillar blind spots are a bit disconcerting
though.

Greg