From: timnagin [mailto:timnagin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 7:41 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [DMCForum] Continued: Removing Torsion Bars (Not Farrar)

They made no sound whatsoever.  I would imagine the sound you heard being
made due to the end of the torsion bar being twisted further in the hinge
than it should be, and popping back to where it should have been.

The torsion bars on 909 were correct in the hinge, and in the retainer
plates on the back.  The plates even slid off with very little effort, and
everything seemed to be original from the factory as there was no evidence
of anything having been disassembled before.  The only odd thing was out of
the four retaining plate bolts, one was 14mm.

Greg

click here