Re: [DMCForum] Re: Definitions For Jim S

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Definitions For Jim S

If being part of your "Decorum" requires me to be a misquoting,
misinformation spouting fool, then I'll be happy to remain boorish.

I NEVER said that redline was the point of maximum power EVER.  Anyone
can go read the message, which says:
"Normally [optimal shift point is] just under redline (for fastest
acceleration) depending on
the gearing and power band."

Often, the "optimal" shift point in low gears is very close to or at
redline.

> "Redline": This is not the point of maximum power output (as your
> recent DML reply Re: optimum shift points claimed). It is the point
> after which an engine absolutely produces no additional power.

This is so dumb that I'm not even going to comment.

> "Horsepower": Everyone else in the world calculates as:
> Torque x RPM / 5252
> (Please feel free to look it up).

This is like saying that everyone measures distance in feet.  Ever heard
of meters?

>This universal definition allows any
> engine to be compared to another. Rudimentary mathematics: you
> should never quote a calculated HP result without also quoting either
the
> Torque or RPMs at that point of engine activity. To do otherwise is
> totally meaningless. Is like saying "these beans cost $1" (obviously
> leaving out such pertinent details as the size of the can...)

NO.  By your argument, everyone should also post the weight of the engine
as well.
A 200hp, 200ft-lb torque engine that weighs 400lbs will move a car faster
than
a 200hp, 200ft-lb torque engine that weights 4000lbs.

YOU would say that the 400lb engine is "more powerful", which is
absolutely WRONG.  It's just more practical.

Jim

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

click here