[DMCForum] Re: Walt Changing The World (Religious OT)

[DMCForum] Re: Walt Changing The World (Religious OT)

> Bad news -- God doesn't work like that anymore (John
13:14, 1
Corinthians 12:27-28a, etc).

Bill, the link you posted doesn't seem to work.  Got
anything Jim Strickland compliant?

> Otherwise, we're at a point in human
history where God has handed the assignment to us.

I remember reading in the bible somewhere (sorry, didn't
save the link) that God sets up & tears down governments &
municipalities as He sees fit.

I have a terrible time participating in government because I
have so many friends & family with conflicting political
views.  My mom is all into her Republican Women's club.
Most of my friends are big democrats.  I don't mind standing
for things that I believe in -- such as the right to go
barefoot, but to vote for the "whole package" of either
Kerry or Bush or whoever else is just carrying my judgment
too far.  There are too many issues with all of them.  How
about we line them all up on the front row of whatever
current war we are fighting overseas and let the last one
standing be president?  Any candidate who shoots the rest
should be disqualified, though.  I believe that if they
stood there in faith then the bullets would pass though them
without harming them.  See what a loon I am? ;-)

The last time there was a serious libertarian candidate on
the ballot, a friend in the Libertarian party called on
election day and asked me to vote republican because:
1) the libertarian candidate didn't stand a chance anyway
2) they didn't want to take votes away from Bush.

By not participating, I believe that I am playing on a
higher level:
To vote is to play the game.  Whatever vote you make
supports the game and all it stands for.  I choose to not
play the game.  The world is going to go to hell anyway.
Maybe we can slow it down, but isn't it a painful enough
death already?

But now if any candidate supported barefoot rights, I would
probably go vote.  (That's a scary thought, isn't it?
Better to let a sleeping dog lie than to get someone like me
to vote.)

Walt

click here