[DMCForum] Re: Child Car Seats In A Delorean

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wannadelorean" <mcquinlan@xxxx> wrote:
> In this situation, I didn't want her driving period.  She was too
> upset.  By the time she had arranged for transportation, they had
> given my son epinephrin (sp?) and he was breathing okay.

Ah, "epys" (as my allergist calls them) are all sorts of fun. Like a
big shot of testosterone to the bloodstream. I get regular allergy
shots and have had three incidents thus far. One trip to the ER, the
other two I was close enough to my allergist's office to get them
there. I carry benedryl and prednisone with me, a nice little
combination that will keep my air passages from closing up until I can
get to a hospital. It's swallowed, though, so the key is to take it
BEFORE it's too late.

Essentially the allergy therapy takes all the things you are allergic
to and inject them right into you, slowly increasing the amounts to
teach your body to ignore the allergens. But it gets more dangerous as
the amounts are increased. On the good side, reactions always happen
within a couple of hours of my shots - not randomly - and I know my
symptoms enough now that I can get where I need to go before my life
is threatened.

Glad everything worked out with your son. Major allergic reactions are
scary stuff.