Re: [DMCForum] Re: Clutch maintenance (warning, DeLorean related)

Re: [DMCForum] Re: Clutch maintenance (warning, DeLorean related)

Wow Rich, when did you get a PhD in transmissions? :-)

About the brake fluid, I have heard that some of the rebuild
kit manufactures are using materials that are not harmed by
DOT 3.  And I have seen people use DOT 3 without harm.
(Most likely these were systems that were rebuilt with
tougher materials.)

HOWEVER, if you care about the car then use DOT 4, and
specifically use Castrol GTLMA.  This is supposedly
vegetable oil based and is better than DOT 4's that aren't.
Yet I hear other stories that there are only a few
manufactures who bottle brake fluids under all sorts of
names, so you never really know what you're getting.

Rich, how did you come to like Vavoline Syntec Pro?  I've
bought it before only because I couldn't find Castrol, and
it looked like the highest quality/highest price fluid out
there.  I haven't seen any problems with it.  And I've heard
other DeLorean people using it too.

Walt

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
I'm a