Re: [DMCForum] Re: New member

My generation is your generation, I think. And come on, generalizations
are funny -- you did it yourself. ;)

It all has to do with ego and self-image of women who genuinely believe
they deserve special treatement for no good reason.

What's frightening about girls called "Princess" is that they begin to
believe it, even if they're trailer trash with no class. It usually was
started by their fathers who called them "Princess" growing up and
refused to discipline them. They got away with a lot of stuff that they
never shopuld have got away with, and it went straight to their heads.

It's similar to dealing with someone who grew up an only child and was
spoiled rotten. Some girls expect to be treated like royalty, when in
reality they're simply ignorant bratty children who need to act their
age and not their shoe size.

Opening the door for a girl and other such chivalry is fine, but I'm not
buying her dinner every time we go out, I'm not doing all the driving,
and if I give her a pleasant surprise now and again which is fun to do,
it'd be nice to know it's -appreciated-, not expected. It's the same
thing which has kept me out of relationships for years -- the fit,
intelligent women I am typically attracted to are used to having guys
kiss up to them all the time and it inflates their ego to the point
where they say "Wow, I must be a goddess!" So they start being bratty
and childish and they have no sense of humour, et cetera. (I'm sure you
know women like this.)

I tend to treat people as my equals, regardless of how they look, what
church they go to, what their political views or, or what car they
drive. Most people judge people solely on those qualities, so I'm pretty
much the diametric opposite of them. I like to get to know someone
before I decide that they deserve my respect, trust, and admiration.
This probably springs from the fact that I am a.) not particularly
attractive and b.) a musician, and I have always had to look deeper into
everything, including myself, to find worth.

I could write more, but I have to get back to work now. I hope that
clears a few things up.

--Farrar

frvianna wrote:
> Farrar-
> I don't know what your generation is. Still, I don't think you should
> generalize that way. I myself am nicknamed princess, but that is bc I
> have a long name, even though I am not part of a royal family :)
> What is so frightening about "princess", who doens't want to be a
> princess? wouldn't you like to be someone's Prince?
> I am not exactly a feminist, but women are superior in many aspects,
> men are superior in others (i.e.: opening jars). Joking...
> Generalizing, men "do everything" for women not because we are
> superior, but because it's nice to have someone to open the door for
> you and other things that only mean being polite. I don't know
> exactly what you mean by "doing everything".
> If that hasn't happened yet, someday your "princess" will step into
> the picture and you'll probably see things a little different. Good
> luck :)
> Off topic, but the DeLorean at the bottom of this message is a really
> neat creation.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
I'm a WomanMan  seeking a ManWoman
Enter city or ZIP