[DMCForum] Re: Wings aloft kit Qs?

Well, here's a tip: If you do get trapped in the car, getting out is
easy. You can:

(1) Wait 30 seconds or so.
(2) Disconnect the door lock module. Reach behind the passenger seat,
pull the relay compartment cover up, and unplug the module.

If you're really concerned about this, disconnect your door lock
module for the time being. When you can scrap up $100 for Toby's new
actuators, then you can reconnect it and have working door locks again.

-Ryan

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lauren" <LPLand@xxxx> wrote:

>  me:
> > > is it possible, then, that an underpowered alternator could be one
> > > cause of the door locks solenoid not opening the door...?
>
> Ryan:
> > It's possible. Seems unlikely, though. The more likely scenario is
> > that your door lock solenoids are nearly shot.
> >
> I didn't want to hear that, Ryan, altho it did cross my mind.  Hoping
> they're just in need of some R&R.  When I get the car back first
> thing I want to do is disconnect them.  The thought of being trapped
> in the car in 105 degree heat is slightly more appealing than the
> thought of the jaws of life ripping the doors off.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
I'm a Man Woman  seeking a Woman Man
Enter city or ZIP
Age:  to