[DMCForum] Re: Antenna placement.

Grady told me he fills them in with a stainless plug, welds it, and
regrains it. He says you can't tell. I know this because a car I was
looking at a while ago had that damn fender antenna, and I was
looking for ways to get rid of it. He said they fill the hole on all
new right fenders sold because there are no more ones left without
the hole. That's why there is an extra cost for fenders without the
hole. Same with Houston.

Joe

2524 & 16634

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jamie Hamlin <jamiepierce2000@xxxx>

<joeyoseppijoe@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > Mike the later cars were made with the little louvre precut
nice
> &
> > > neat for the antennas. The earlier cars that came with window
&
> > > fender antennas had the rear antennas added later. Hence the
> reason
> > > for the rough look of the cutout on the drivers side fake vent
> > where
> > > the antenna pokes through.
> > >
> > > Joe
> > >
> > > 2524 & 16634