[DMCForum] Re: Wings aloft kit Qs?

Misha,

> find out a little more, because I used to think the lockzilla was
> what your door lock actuator upgrade kit is, but then i found out it
> just has to do with the pulse unit I believe (I might be mistaken).
> So if you dont replace the pulse unit dont you still risk a chance
> of the problem the base lockzilla kit is trying to avoid?

Lockzilla replaces the "pulse unit", which I call the "door lock
controller." The original lock solenoids use a LOT of power, and this
can cause problems with the factory door lock controller. Lockzilla is
really just a "beefed up" version of the original door lock controller.

If you upgrade to Toby's door lock actuators, you don't need
lockzilla. His actuators use a fraction of the power of the original
solenoids. They also use outboard relays to switch the actual load,
and all of this is included in the $100 price tag.

In plain English: Lockzilla solves the problem by making the lock
module more powerful. Toby's system solves the problem by making the
locks themselves use less power. Either way you go, you're fixing the
same problem. The question is, "How much do you want to spend to do
it?" Toby's system is an absolute steal. As I said in a previous post:
"Best. Upgrade. Ever."

Also, you asked:

>> Finally, how come zilla's stuff is so much more expensive? Is it
>> higher quality or higher profit margin?

Bob's stuff is very expensive. Maybe the profit margins are huge,
maybe he uses expensive parts, or maybe a little of both. Either way,
you don't need to spend that kind of money. It's simply not necessary.
Toby's kits are well engineered and are very high quality.

-Ryan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
I'm a
Man Woman