Re: [DMCForum] Re: Greg's DeLorean Analogy

Jim Strickland wrote:
> Clinton was such a clod.  So much so that he thought he could lie so
> blatently, UNDER OATH, and get away with it?  That shows some serious
> lack of intelligence.

Good point. At least Bush had Cheney hold his hand and refused to allow
reporters, taping, or a swearing-in when he went before the 9/11
Commission. Remember, it was "just a meeting."

I find it amazing that people have a hard time separating a person's
character from his deeds. Is everybody going to condemn Thomas Jefferson
now because he had a child with his slave? How about the other
presidents who slept around, or did sneaky things like manipulating the
budget so their wives could get more furniture?

And here's a good idea: whenever you see Bing Crosby playing a priest in
a movie, picture him beating the shit out of his kids. Funny, his movies
and records are still on the market and they still sell and air.

People still listen to jazz music even though most of it was played by
junkies who were out of their minds on drugs when some of their best
music was made. A lot of those musicians also slept around so much it
was unbelievable. Gonna stop listening to jazz?

How about rock? Plenty of sex and drugs involved there.

How about classical music? The father of the String Quartet was father
to a lot more, too -- Franz Josef "Salami" Haydn. Hey, Beethoven hired
prostitutes. Brahms lusted after Robert Schumann's wife.

How about art? How about science?

Well, I think my point is made. Achievements and character are separate
things. If we negated the deeds of someone due to their personal faults,
we'd find ourselves back in the stone age.

But we stupid come-to-Jesus Americans can't get it through our
tectonically-deep skulls. This is why the rest of the world laughed at
us when Clinton was impeached and continues to laugh at us now. (Unless
we're bombing them, of course.)

Cool, only 442 more emails to read ...

--Farrar